How To Create A Video Marketing Production Brief From Scratch
Creating a proper brief for your video is the very first step in turning your idea into a successful media marketing strategy.
But where do you start?
Sure, it’s easy to quickly compile the different elements or write down the general idea, but by taking the time to carefully flesh out the brief you will allow your video producers to realise your vision effectively.
To help you achieve this we’ve created a Free Template that you can use, just download and fill it in (you’ll need a PDF editor such as Adobe Acrobat ® or Apple Preview).
Who is this for?
- “I’m good at marketing, but never tried incorporating video before, it’d be good to know what I need to include.”
- “Video marketing is easy! I’ve been doing it years, but it’d be good to have a handy reminder or template to work from rather than start from scratch each time.”
- “I make videos, and I want to see if they’re doing it right, you know? Just being sure.” (Hey! Let us know if you think we’ve missed something out!)
5 things before we start, you must:
- Have a clear picture of your ideal customer / target audience
- Have effective sharing/broadcast platforms ready for the content (e.g. TV strategy, Youtube Channel, Facebook Page, Website as a minimum)
- Consider the lead time for the project – when is the deadline for going live?
- Understand your budget – is it flexible, absolute?
- Know your One Simple Message
Once you have these sorted, you’re ready to brief your video production team!
If you want to start planning your Marketing Strategy for once the video is complete, then click here to download a free Video Marketing Strategy.
(Already downloaded our Video Production Brief Template, or signed up to our newsletter? Then a link to the free Video Marketing Strategy is already in your inbox!)